Thursday, July 5, 2007

The Secret Still Working--If I can help it.

We have our new counters–ceramic tile. They look much better than that crappy paint job they left us with last week. And we got them at no extra cost us! The contractor even came to our house yesterday while the guys were finishing up and apologized to me and my husband. We were rather shocked. Maybe he’s seen The Secret too? Anyway, I’m finally free to use my kitchen–when the grout dries.
There is one tiny problem, however. Our sink isn’t laying against the countertop like it used to. And our water pressure isn’t as strong. I guess that’s two tiny problems. No major deal, but I’m not sure if I should complain or just let it go. Afterall, we got way more expensive counters than we expected, and they make our kitchen look newer and brighter. But that kitchen sink just doesn’t look right.
In The Science of Getting Rich, as well as The Secret, we’re not supposed to focus on what we don’t want or the problems. Only what we do want and what we’re grateful for. Well, I’m grateful for the counters and for getting my house back to normal–almost. I do want the sink to be fixed, and I am trying to picture it the way I want it. It worked for the counters, why not the sink?
There’s a long story to why we didn’t have to pay for all this and it was also a stroke of good luck–or just attracting something good into my life by focusing on gratitude. Next time I’ll tell the whole story. Until then, I’m trying to stay grateful to the workers for all their efforts instead of wondering why these people can’t put the sink back to where it was before.

No comments: